Monday, January 31, 2011

Still Enjoying Bliss

I am so excited to start a blog! This is new territory for me but I am excited to share with any readers all that God is doing in my life. The biggest blessing right now is that I am married to my perfect mate and I can’t believe that we are already celebrating six months together! As cliché as it sounds, I can’t imagine myself without my hubby. God definitely knew what I needed when He brought MrH into my life. So, what better way than to start my blog by sharing with you a small glimpse of the man that God is using as part of His plan in gently metamorphing me. 
First dance


Here are 10 reasons why I am so thankful for and LOVE MrH:
  1. He loves the Lord. MrH will be the first to let you know his desire is to know more and more about Christ, to let Christ use him as a vessel especially at work where he cannot freely share his faith.
  2. He loves to serve. He is always ready to give of his time to help his friends.
  3. He is funny. I don’t know where it comes from but this guy is so goofy and he makes me laugh so hard…especially when I am mad and being a little standoffish. I always get the biggest kick out of his dancing in the Publix aisles :)
  4. He is a great cook. Apparently, the way to my heart is through my tummy and I tell you he had my heart from the first meal he cooked! Can you say chef in the making!!
  5. He is very forgiving. I am humbled by how often in just 6 months John has had to forgive me. He always looks past my shortcomings and doesn’t make a big deal out of the small stuff as I tend to do. The beauty of it is that his forgiving nature just makes me want to be more like that and so he is changing me for the better!
  6. He is very caring and compassionate. He cannot stand to see any animal in pain and our doggies know that they’ll get more sympathy from him than from me ha! I am glad though because I know that some day he will be a great daddy ;)
  7. He is a hard worker. Whatsoever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might. This should be MrH’s life verse. Whether it is working in the yard, working on the cars, housework, prepping for his job, John gives his all in what he is doing. His previous boss was so impressed with his work that he & his wife gave us a rather generous gift for our wedding! Honestly, half the time I feel lazy compared to him since he does so much for me.
  8. He is the epitome of chivalrous. It is just his nature. Sometimes it irks (not going to lie) but I have never felt so important, well protected, loved and cared for in my life (sigh of bliss)
  9. He is smart. I am amazed at all the info the guy has in his noggin. I mean, who knows 30 out of 35 songs that are mentioned in the TimeLine infomercials especially when it is music from the 60s/70s!! He is an awesome graphic designer – mostly self taught, has a ton of knowledge about cars, construction, electric & landscaping. He comes up with impressive and innovative lesson plans & teaching aids for his students (I am not being biased – his principal tells him so!!)
  10. He loves ME!!! It is still amazing to me that he does. I have days when I am the worst grump even I don’t like me but yet he still loves me. He has seen my crazy hair days (deep conditioning with scary products anyone??) my bloaty once a month days when all I wanna do is sit with a tub of ice cream and read a book/watch a sappy movie, my blow up over stupid stuff moments, YET HE STILL LOVES ME! Thank you God so much for this wonderful man you have blessed me with.
Happy semi-anniversary babe! I love you with my whole heart!

9 comments:

  1. YAY YAY YAY!!! I'm so excited you started a blog!!! I promise I will be your most faithful reader! Yay!! (did I say that) I already feel more connected to you. I MISS YOU LIKE CRAZY GIRL! You sound like one lucky girl to have such a wonderful man. i am glad you appreciate him! I will say though, since I have actually lived you longer than he has (hehehhe obviously it was different) that you were pretty mellow and very easy to live with. Well at least in comparison to me. Love ya girl excited to follow your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world! You and your hubby are the cutest! So great you are praising Him... always remember these wonderful qualities when he gets on your nerves a bit.

    My hubby said he heard on the christian radio station that a good kiss should share some saliva! Love, Traci @ Ordinary Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogging! Those are gorgeous pictures of you two, and I loved reading your ten things. Marriage only gets better when you both are committed to Christ and each other. God bless your marriage and your new blog- may both be a ministry to others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two are gorgeous! Congratulations on 6 months of marriage. I've been married 30 years. On Valentine's day I'm posting our wedding picture on my blog. (don't anybody tip off my husband - it's a surprise!)
    I'm now following you,
    Jan at Jewelry4Change
    http://www.jewelry4change.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, I am so glad we get to reconnect! I will try to be better at this that email/facebook communications hehe

    Traci, thanks for stopping by and YES to the saliva sharing ;)

    Christine, thank you for the encouragement and it is my prayer that someone will be blessed by my ramblings.

    Jan, congratulations on 30 years!! That is amazing in this day and age. Maybe you shoudl send me some tips on what/what not to do lol. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see I am a little late wishing you a happy semi-anniversary, but I just found your blog. I pray God grants you both peace and wisdom through your marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mrs. H I am so happy to have found you here in blogging world. You and Mr. H are adorable. I pray many blessings on your journey through life as ONE. I found you at A Holy Experience. I am a new follower and I have awarded you with the STYLISH BLOGGER AWARD. You can learn about it here http://myownsenseandsensibility.blogspot.com/2011/03/for-me-oh-thank-you.html
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep enjoying! I still enjoy after 13 years.

    Delighted to meet you today. Hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you a bit more.

    Splashin'
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mindy from "My Sense and Sensibility" thank you for the award!! I will definitely pay it forward:)

    Sarah, keep splashing away, I will be splashing over to meet you in a few minutes :0
    Thank you all for reading my blessings and I pray that they bless you too!

    ReplyDelete