Wednesday, February 9, 2011

1000 gifts: 1 - 14

Isn't God just amazing??! Yesterday I shared about rejoicing even when things don't go your way and today, I discovered a treasure in the blogging world by the name of A Holy Experience. The author of the blog Ann VosKamp has a book out called “one thousand gifts”. I haven’t read the book yet but I have discovered a group of people who have decided to journal their way to 1000 things they are thankful for both big and small!! I am jumping right in even though it's supposed to be a Monday thing - better late than never I say :)

Here is my starter list of blessings:
#1   salvation through Jesus Christ
#2   continuous fellowship with my God
#3   i have found the one whom my soul loves
 #4   new family and friends
#5   strong arms than envelop me at night to keep me warm
#6   deepening of friendships through sharing struggles
#7   coffee to wake me up each morning
#8   manager who truly cares for the employees
#9   budgeting and paying off debt
#10 two exuberant dogs who show me what unconditional love is
#11  daily prayer with MrH
#12  simple texts that say "I love and miss ya!" or "I'm sorry for..."
#13  God's unconditional forgiveness
#14  worship music that touches the soul

I would love for you to join me in journaling all your blessings and guess what? You don't have to stop at 1000!!

3 comments:

  1. I picked a few links to peruse from Anna's list of bloggers. Yours is a beautiful list of gifts. I am thanking God for all the ways He is blessing you. ~~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I keep reminding myself to do this every Monday and I always end up making a mental list of Thank You's to the Lord. Perhaps next Monday I'll start. Thanks for the inspiration and desire to follow.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhonda, thank you for the encouragement. Isn't neat how making a list of blessings just seems to lift one's spirits?

    Ivy, please start making the list! It will be a great reminder in the years to come as well as an encouragement for others (like me!) to read how God is changing your life.

    ReplyDelete