Monday, February 28, 2011

Finding joy in everything

"Did you see all the flowers that bloomed on the bush?", he asks, "Huh? When?", I respond. Apparently, I am oblivious to what is going on around.
"Come here babe, shhh...listen...can you hear those bees as they go about their work?", he asks me later, "Huh?", I respond. Apparently I am oblivious to what goes on around.
This morning as I meet with the Father, He reminds me that "there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus" and that I have "no obligation [whatsoever] to do what [my] sinful nature urges [me] to do" because I am His adopted child. I am not oblivious to this joyous truth!!

Today, I praise Him for all the small joys received this past week:
#16  purple flowered bushes
#17  gentle humming of bees at work
#18  painting rooms
#19  back rubs when I am sore
#20  reminders through His messengers that I am blessed so I can bless
#21  I am not a slave of sin anymore!
#22  being part of a large global family forever
#23  picking up a conversation where it left off
#24  two verses memorized
#25  learning to be free in Christ
#26  doggish antics that make us laugh loudly
#27  gorgeous sunny weather
#28  sunday naps
#29  never being separated from God's love (Romans 8:35 - 39)


2 comments:

  1. I’m here from Ann’s this morning.

    Amen – that is so good – no condemnation – plus – no obligation (to sin). That is inspiring!

    And if I have to pick just one from your list, I pick: ~ #29 never being separated from God's love (Romans 8:35 - 39) (because nothing – NOTHING can come between us and Our Lord – NOTHING – we fring stuff in to block the view but nothing can break the connection – so good!)

    These words made me smile. Thank you.

    God Bless you and all of yours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jumped over fromm Ann's tonight. I love your list and in particular the learning to be free in Christ ... just when I think I have the freedom I listen to the Great Deceiver rather than the Great Speaker!

    ReplyDelete