Thursday, March 24, 2011

26 before 26: memory verses

I have been attending a women's workshop at my church since the beginning of this month. Every week we are assigned 2 verses to memorize so I am well on the way to my goal of 2 verses a month till I turn 26!! Here are the seven verses(or part of verses) I have learned so far:

Psalm 27:8(NLT)
My heart has heard You say, "Come and talk with me", and my heart responds, "Lord, I am coming"

Psalm 77:1(NLT)
I cry out to God without holding back...

Isaiah 1:18(NLT)
"Come now and let us reason together", says the Lord

Romans 8:12 - 14(NLT)
So, dear brothers and sisters, you have no obligation whatsoever to do what your sinful nature urges you to do. For if you keep on following it, you will perish. But, if through the power of the Holy Spirit, you turn from it and it evil deeds, you will live. For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God.


Romans 8:5 - 6(NLT)
Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about things of the sinful nature, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit. If your sinful nature controls you, there is death. But if the Holy Spirit controls you, there is life and peace.

Romans 12:2(NLT)
Don't copy the behaviours and customs of this world but let God change you into a new person but changing the way you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do and you will know how good, and pleasing, and perfect His will really is.

Lamentations 3:37(NLT)
Can anything happen without God's permission? 

I promise that I have written these verses from memory. In addition, these verses only count for the month of March. Next month I still have to, at the very least, memorize two new verses. With God's help, I know I will be able to keep up with this. I truly desire for God's word to become a "lamp to my feet and a light to my path".

Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

  1. scripture is such a blessing. I need to do better about memorizing it. Keep going! I was curious though, why the Isaiah 1:18(NLT)

    "Come now and let us reason together", says the Lord
    seems like there may be a specific reason behind that one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the goal of the workshop is to help us see that we can go to God at anytime i.e. not after our emotions have calmed down when someone hurts us but immediately after the hurt. God doesn't mind "reasoning" or "debating" with us. All He desires is that we come NOW...

    ReplyDelete