Thursday, April 21, 2011

What Jesus did for us...for me!

Easter, like Christmas, happens every year.
Easter, like Christmas, involves the 3Fs (food, family, fellowship)
Easter, like Christmas, may include a new clothing article
Easter, unlike Christmas, does not include frenzied shoppers, naughty and nice lists, gifts or (for the most part) decorations inside and outside the home
Therefore, Easter,unlike Christmas, is not considered such big of a deal.

How wrong we are to think this way! Easter should be the biggest holiday we celebrate every year for without Easter(Christ's death, burial and resurrection) we would not have this glorious chance of fellowship with our Maker as we would still be in our sins!

And if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain. We are even found to be misrepresenting God, because we testified about God that he raised Christ, whom he did not raise if it is true that the dead are not raised. For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised. And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins. Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. If in Christ we have hope in this life only, we are of all people most to be pitied.(1 Cor. 15:14-19 emphasis added)

Why would we celebrate the birth of a person who did not change our circumstances in anyway? But, Praise the Lord that He did! Praise the Lord that the veil is torn and direct access to the Father is granted! Praise the Lord that we have an intercessor who sympathizes with our weaknesses, as He has been tempted in every respect as we are, yet without sin(Heb. 4:15)

But what did it cost You Jesus? Can I truly understand the magnitude of the sacrifice You offered for us, for me?


I saw one hanging on a tree in agony and blood
Who fixed His loving eyes on me and near His cross I stood
And never till my dying day will I forget that look
It seemed to charge me with His death, though not a word He spoke
My conscience felt and owned the guilt and plunged me in despair
I know my sin His blood had spilt and helped to nail Him there
But with a second look He said, "I freely all forgive,
This blood is for your ransom paid, I died that you may live!"
So while His death my sin displays for all the world to view
Such is the mystery of grace it sears my heart in two
With pleasing grief and mournful joy my spirit now is filled
That I should such a life destroy, yet live through Him I killed!

          Forever etched upon my mind is the look of Him who died,
          The Lamb I crucified
          But now my life can sing the praise of pure atoning Grace
          That looked on me and gladly took my place

No comments:

Post a Comment