Monday, May 23, 2011

Giving Thanks

“Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time.” – Jim Rohn
How true! Seriously it feels like I closed my eyes and suddenly May is almost over…and I haven’t written anything in almost three weeks!! I wish I could say that time was flying because I was having fun. It is more like the busyness of work,  throw in learning this wife-y role (read: trying to make quick but healthy foods and switching them up so life doesn’t become boring but running out of ideas) plus throw in this online course I am taking…aah!

What a life! But I wouldn’t trade it for anything J
This past weekend was very nice. MrH had wanted us to have a sunset picnic on the beach the prior weekend but we had a storm come through so we did that this weekend. It is funny because we live very close to the beach but only go when family come into town or if friends decide to have a BBQ there. The day had been a scorcher but the evening was nice and humidity was low making it the perfect evening


our lovely picnic ensemble



this was cool - a ship right in the middle of the sun
  

isn't he cute <3
 

me being...er...special
 I have so much to be thankful for but today I focusing on nature:
#67 sunsets that take your breath away
#68 sun that warms me during the day
#69 the moon that sends the sun to sleep thus giving a reprieve from the heat
#70 warm sand that crunches under your toes
#71 the sound of waves as they crash on the beach
#72 the gentle breeze I feel but never see
#73 salty smell in the air that let me know "I am at the beach!!"
#74 quick glimpses of dolphins
#75 my hubby's eyes when they catch the sunlight (yes this constitutes nature lol)

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a great weekend. Those pics are beautiful. I love the one with the boat and the sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting me at Pursuing Heart! Enjoyed reading your gratitude list here ... very beautiful photos of the sunset. What a treat to live close by to a beach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for coming by Surrounded with Favor from Ann's! Your list is awesome! I especially loved #71 ... I was reminded of the Holy Spirit's work in our lives when I read that one. ;) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! I want to try it with my hubby! :)

    I came your way through your comment on An Impulse to Soar :)

    ReplyDelete