Monday, May 2, 2011

Our Weekend...nine months!

Our nine month anniversary was this past Saturday so we celebrated in style: washed the outside windows, got my hair did while MrH mowed the lawn, went grocery shopping and finally ate pizza while watching a movie.
Ok so maybe you may not think that it was terribly romantic but we had a great time just relaxing and snugging together after a long busy day. After all, that is what it is about  - being together!


I can't believe how fast time is going though! I feel like it was just yesterday I getting ready be united with the man I love. Yet, at the same time, it feels like we have always been together...does that make sense? I can't really imagine life without the wonderful blessing known as my husband.




Let's face it, no one really celebrates nine months - UNLESS YOU ARE A NEWLYWED and I love celebrating every blessing that God has sent my waySmileSmile

It was pretty cool too because yesterday's sermon was on Colossians 3: 18 -19:

Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.
Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them.

Our pastor had his wife come up and speak on verse 18 then he spoke on verse 19. What a great reminder it was on how God has designed marriage to work. I am not saying it is easy (sometimes I wanna put submit in the same category as some 4 letter words we shouldn't use lol) BUT God made me and He made marriage so, doesn't the Author of a 'program' know how to run it best?? Thank you Lord for the wonderful and convicting reminder this weekend and help me to live as You would have me live.

Happy nine months dear husband of mine, I love you!

My heart sings as I continue counting:
#61  nine months of wedded bliss
#62  taking a risk and sharing your heart with new friends at bible study
#63  finding out that the risk was worth it
#64  God's gentle reminder of His marriage design
#65  cool mornings over the weekend that provided a nice break from the summer temps
#66  I finally used our crock pot wedding gift!!!

12 comments:

  1. Bounced over from Michelle's. Oh, I remember when I used to count the days my husband and I were married. . .now, sometimes I mess up the number of years!

    Sweet, sweet post, and your wedding pic should be in a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, so, so sweet. And yes, you count those days and weeks and months as long as you want -- it's the gifts and beauty in the small moments that count...sometimes even more than all the years put together.

    Thanks for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful pictures! And you just keep counting. Spend time together...that's what keeps you so close.

    Such a sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet! We should all celebrate each blessing. It's wonderful. It's beautiful. I'm still celebrating... almost 13 years now. Time really does fly by! Wonderful list of gifts. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Amy! Our photographer friend outdid herself on these.
    Michelle I am so glad I found your blog. You're words are full of wisdom
    Laura thanks for stopping by and Yes, I plan on spending as much time together as possible.
    Jennifer your pictures are amazing! What a wonderful gift God has given you. Thank you for stopping by and congrats on almost 13 years! I will get there (and beyond) slowly but surely :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you came by which brought me here. I can almost hear the newlywed giddiness, I love it! :)
    Happy 9 month anniversary. My husband and I will be celebrating our 30th year in marriage in October.
    Always let your marriage consist of 3, not 2. A cord of 3 strands is not easily broken:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by ... I wanted to come by and say hello, too! I really enjoyed your list today ... especially 62 & 63 - glad to hear it was worth the risk! :)
    OH, and happy 9 month anniversary to you and your Mr!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and your hubby are so adorable. I love coming across couples that look similar to us. AND thank you so much for being my 100th follower--I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You will love your crock pot! I have only messed up one crock pot meal...I forgot to plug it in! Congrats on your marriage! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all – happy anniversary to Mr. and Mrs. H. And those pictures – beautiful – made me happy. And my favorite from your list is #65 I finally used our crock pot wedding gift!!! (because crockpots are kind of little miracle makers – throw stuff in – go take a bunch of wedding pictures – come back – voila – perfect meal. I hearted this – I really did. God bless and keep you and all of yours this day. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! May the blessings continue to be present in your forever newlywed marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Precious!

    On another note, will you vote for my blog? It only takes a second. Thanks, Traci

    http://www.circleofmoms.com/blogger/ordinary-inspirations

    ReplyDelete