Monday, June 13, 2011

Excitement is in the air!!!

So I am really really really really excited. The reason you ask? Well, at this time on Friday MrH and I will be well on our way to Kenya :)

Side Note:
In case anyone is a little...ahem...geographically challenged(?) Here is a quick summary of Kenya.



source: Wikipedia
 
Kenya is a country in East Africa. Its capital city is Nairobi. Kenya has numerous wildlife reserves containing thousands of animal species. It has a land area of 580,000 km2 and a population of nearly 39 million residents, representing many different peoples and cultures. The country is named after Mount Kenya, a significant landmark and the second highest mountain in Africa.

 

the national flag. source: Wikipedia
  Why Kenya? Well because that is where I am from. I am really excited for MrH to meet all my cousins, aunts, uncles, etc but most importantly, he will finally get to meet my mother!! Due to circumstances we could not control, mom was unable to come over for our wedding - but God is so good because what I thought was devastating (made the wedding a little bitter-sweet) was actually neccessary since my grandpa (mom's dad) passed away a few weeks after our wedding. Had my mom been here she would have been crushed not to be at home for her mother. That is a whole other story.


Anyhoo, suffice to say that I am very excited and can't wait to get on the plane. In the mean time, life is a little hectic as I try to make sure that I get everything needed packed as well as finish up some projects at work. In all this hustle and bustle, I'd like to take a quick moment and share an awesome Bible verse:

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
-John 14:27

If you think about it, please pray? That God will grant us safety on the flights. I look forward to sharing some highlights when we return. Till then, be blessed!

4 comments:

  1. I am excited for you! I pray that God gives you and the hubby traveling mercy! Have an awesome time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok this isn't letting me comment. hopefully it works this time. I hope you have a fabulous trip. I am super excited for you guys. I'll be praying for you.
    I loved your little lesson about Kenya! Cracke me up :) someday I want to visit with you :) but that someday is gonna have to wait a long long time (I can dream though can't I :) love ya.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing like going home and visiting with loved ones who have been greatly missed. I pray God's Blessings for you and Mr. H. Have fun and savor the time!!! :)
    Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. funny, what seems so far away, and so different for me, and most people who read you, I'm sure – that's home to you. Just want you to know that I prayed for your trip – I heart your writing – and I will look forward to reading about everything. God bless and keep you and all of yours – on both sides of the globe :-)

    ReplyDelete