Monday, June 6, 2011

He IS the Provider

MrH is a teacher. This year was his first year teaching and even though this year had its ups and downs, I definitely know that MrH found his calling. His principal and peers all like him a lot and his principal is really impressed with his work ethic and innovation. What a wonderful thing to know that you are doing what God is calling you to do and seeing that confirmation in so many different ways.


That is why it was such a blow when 4 weeks ago we found out that MrH may not have a job next year....


Due to budget cuts, the county in which MrH and I reside decided not to renew the contracts for a bunch of 1st and 2nd year teachers. This was not to say that they would not have a job next year, but rather it meant that the probability of getting a job was much smaller. My reaction when I heard the news was not favorable. I tend to worry a lot so in my mind I was already thinking about how we need to readjust our budget and how and where we could tighten our belts so that we could still make ends meet.



But that is where I was thinking wrong. I was depending on me, on us to provide for our needs. God gently reminded me through Scripture:

"Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?" Matthew 6:27

He went on to show me in the same chapter

"Therefore do not worry saying 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' [...] For your Heavenly Father knows that you need all these things, but seek first the kingdom of God" Matthew 6:31-33 (paraphrase)

And that is what we did, we left our circumstance in God's hand knowing that He is the ultimate provider. This Father who clothes lilies of the field, who feeds sparrows daily, who fed 5000 with five loaves and two fish, surely He could and He would take care of us!

and He did!!!!

Last week on Tuesday MrH got an email from his principal letting him know that she was allowed to request a number of teachers who she wanted on her staff next year and praise the Lord she put MrH's name on the list so he gets to teach next year!! I wish I had time to go into detail about how many different things pointed to the fact that God wants MrH to teach but more specifically, that he is to teach in the current school he is in but I don't want to make this post super long.
All I can say is praise the Lord for His faithfulness, His blessings and His care to us each and every day!

Today I continue to count the ways that my Heavenly Father pours our the gift:
#87  MrH got his job for next year
#88  Jehovah Jireh my provider
#89  we are going to Kenya in less than two weeks!
#90  I get to see my mother after 5 years! How time flies...
#91  how God is strengthening my faith through His faithfulness
#92  discussing bible doctrine with christian friends even if we disagree :)
#93  the right Scripture at the right time over and over again

Has God provided for you recently? Has He confirmed His faithfulness to you in some special way? I'd love to hear from you how He is changing your life and I challenge you to join me on this journey of counting 1,000 gifts from His hand to us, His beloved.
Linking up with:
  

7 comments:

  1. Hi Mwende, I am new follower of your blog. This is confirmation because yesterday God brought a song back to my remembrance called "You've been so faithful". God has truly been faithful to me in so many ways I cannot count. Thanks for posting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been in this spot in so many ways. I'm a teacher, too, and have found myself in Mr.H's situation.

    I love your testimony to God's faithfulness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good. Way to bring it back to what's true about God! Wondering... will you consider linking up with me on Friday and sharing things like this... how God is revealing Himself to you.? I would love more women to be blessed by your perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a blessing! God truly is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog...
    I DO so love the aliveness of God's word. "The right scripture at the right time". So very sweet.
    Blessings on you, your journey in Him and your writing~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise God! So happy to hear the good news of your husband's secure job -- and what a gift that he loves to teach -- we so need talented and dedicated teachers like him in our schools.

    As for your list, I can't believe you haven't seen your mom in 5 years -- no wonder you are over the moon excited about your trip!!! You make my complaints about living 1,500 miles from mile family feel very small -- thank you for the much-need perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mwende,

    If you have an opportunity, please check out my new blog at the link below.

    http://chocolategirlsfoodforthesoul-kiki.blogspot.com/

    Be Blessed!
    kiki

    ReplyDelete