Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Kenya: sightseeing

Here are some highlights of the places we visited in Kenya.

Nairobi - Kenya's capital
We landed in Nairobi on Sunday and stayed for four days. We went to the business district aka downtown. It was a cloudy day so I was not able to capture the buildings as well as I would have wanted. Still, it was wonderful to see how the city has changed and grown. MrH did not care to much for it - can't say I really do either since it is very busy. It actually reminded me of New York.

We were at the top taking pictures

Kenya's first president

Public transport vehicle
My hometown
We then went to my hometown where we held a celebration of our marriage since a lot of my relatives weren't able to attend the wedding.
We were so blessed by all the advice and prayers we received while we were there. I was very happy to have MrH meet many new relatives. Side note: I come from a very BIG extended family and it is sometimes very hard to keep relations straight. In addition, we don't usually talk of people being second/third cousins, so basically my dad's cousin is my uncle and his children are my cousins... so I found it funny as I tried to explain to him how all the people he saw were related to me since almost everyone was my cousin/aunt/grandma etc.

A person's shamba (garden)

This is what a good road looks like :)
Public trasportation called boda-boda

My grandma's goat pen
This is an industrial size jiko (stove). You put coal in the bottom then put your pot on the top.
 I don't want to make this post too long so tomorrow I will finish with where we went hiking! Till then God bless you all.

Linking to: Living Well Wednesdays

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Sounds like a fun time! Thank you for the comment on my blog. I have perused your blog a bit and I am so glad to have "met" you. And I'm your latest follower. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete