Tuesday, August 2, 2011

We've been married a year!

My oh my. Where has the year gone to? I can't believe that MrH and I have already been married for a year. Seems like only yesterday we went out for dinner then had that awkward conversation trying to define where *this* was headed. Little did we know then that in a year's time we would be repeating those sacred vows that so many have said before us.
the day I said screamed yes!
It truly seems like yesterday yet as cliché as it sounds, I can't imagine life without MrH. I had intended to make this a post about things I have learned in my one year of marriage; however, I find myself once again with a song in my heart, a smile on my face and overwhelming thankfulness at the blessings my Father has showered on me. This year had its ups and downs but I would like to think that I am wiser for the mistakes I have made and I look forward to an ever better second year!

We made a reservation at a local resort and stayed there for the weekend. It was so much fun! We did so much of...nothing! It was wonderful to be able to de-stress and let the world slow down.





So here I go, continuing my ever growing list of praise and thanks to God:
#113  one year, 365 days of wedded bliss gone by
#114  getting away from the every day to celebrate us
#115  neighbour always willing to watch over our dogs
#116  this feeling of giddiness like we are on our honeymoon all over again
#117  beautiful beach view
#118  amazing sunny weekend sandwiched between storms. Our own personal gift from God!
#119  sunset reflected on the city skyline making a gold city!
#120  evaluating our year, asking the hard questions, accepting faults, repenting
#121  unexpected conversation topic making us rethink our goals
#122  renewed commitment to God
#123  enjoying the pool on a hot Saturday afternoon
#124  getting out of the shower to find these sticky notes all over the room
#125  knowing that I am loved, on my good and bad days
#126  finally finishing Ann's book  'One Thousand Gifts'. powerful. encouraging.

Please join me at Ann's in counting as we remember all that is gifted to us!

7 comments:

  1. A lovely list (and a lovely couple). Happy Anniversary and many more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list! Happy Anniversary! (Stopped by from Ann's site.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's SO beautiful! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary!

    Mary Ellen
    The Working Home Keeper

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on a year of marriage! Such gorgeous photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from Ann's place.

    I can hear your happiness. . .Happy Annniversary.
    May you blessed with many, many more.

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations sweety! Your pics are beautiful, your list as well. evaluating the first year of marriage. i remember everyone saying "it's the hardest year" and me thinking "nah!" Well, it was indeed hard, challenging, and a lot of learning, but very beautiful, exciting, and humbling. Lets share a bit more! :D

    ReplyDelete