Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Cheer in our home

So, I am falling in love with totally smitten with Pinterest. Granted it can become a time waster but I have to say that it is a creative way to figurative things you have always wanted to do or find projects of things you did not know existed but now you simply have to do - ok maybe you don't have to but you want to...


As I have been surfing the Pinterest site and pinning anything and everything that caught my fancy, I decided that I need to start making stuff instead of just adding to a "future list". To date I have made a monogram as a wedding gift which you can see in this post and then this past weekend I made a beautiful wine bottle centerpiece inspired by this pin:


The design and how-to can be found at Cleverly Inspired. When I saw it, I knew that some craftiness would be flowing in our household this Christmas. Here is my version of this centerpiece:
I love it! I'm thinking I'll extend this idea to Valentine's day, Easter, Spring...oh the possibilities!!
MrH and I finally had time to decorate this weekend so we got right to work. We tried to recruit Savannah but I am not sure she was into it
look at those puppy eyes asking "why???"
you can barely see Callie trying to comfort her :)
And here is our Christmas tree yay!
Here are a few of my favorite ornaments so far
cross to remind me of the greatest gift I have received
our beautiful one year anniversary ornament from dearest MIL
MrH's "teachers rule" ornament from one of his students
I love how our tree turned out this year and I am glad that I see room for improvement aka more ornaments because I want to keep adding special memories to this tree as MrH and I grow in our marriage.

Ah, Christmas..........have I mentioned how much I love this time of year???

Have a blessed week and remember "For unto us (as in for inconsequential YOU and ME) a Son (as in the Son of Heaven, Son of the Almighty, All-Powerful, All-knowing God) is given and this Son is not just another kid, He is Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father and the Prince of Peace" (paraphrase and amplified by me)

Amen!!! 

3 comments:

  1. your wine centerpiece turned out beautiful!

    your tree is lovely! love the ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a great job with those wine bottles! It looks amazing!
    And that poor doggie haha! She looks really like she doesn't like it at all!

    Enjoy your day :)

    ReplyDelete